Friday, August 8, 2014

The Voice Within

I encounter a lot of people daily. Those people are very different physically and mentally.  I talk to men, women, young, old, white, black, korean, Philippine,  short, tall, skinny, heavy, happy, sad, etc. types of people. But one thing I notice in most of the people I encounter is doubt,  low self confidence,  little trust in their decisions.

I used to be that person.  I was shy, relied on my husband and mother to make decisions for me. Not one decision was made on my own without asking someone first. To be sure I had someone's approval meant that my decision would be accepted and less chance of failure. 

Do you know how ridiculous this sounds? But its the truth. I had zero confidence in myself.  Confidence isn't just about looks. Its about that tiny voice within you that needs to say "I know I can do this".

Failure is a part of life. It is how we learn. Failure is not a bad thing. Failure shows us what doesn't work so we can simply go at it in a different direction. 

We are all capable of obtaining our wants, needs and dreams in life. Dont let that voice hold you back. Make that negative voice within leave you. Invite in positive thinking.  Just one positive thought a day will change you. Will give you the confidence you need.

Remember,  start with one positive thought a day.

"I am capable of anything I set my mind to."

No comments:

Post a Comment