Saturday, August 23, 2014

Believe: Things Will Work Out

At a church service, our pastor told the congregation to pick a word for the entire year. A word that will mean something to you. It could only be one word. It had to be a word that you would remember and could associate into your life. My mother chose the word, "Believe".

So often in life we become overwhelmed and distraught. Circumstances sometimes get the best of us. We don't know where to turn or what to do. These emotions can take a toll on us. Not just emotionally but physically as well. I am a sufferer of panic attacks. When I worry too much, I will have a panic attack. They are not fun at all. Worrying and being overwhelmed, is what usually triggers my panic attacks. I worry about everything. I then will start having pains in my left chest wall and in the middle of my back. When I inhale, it feels like someone is stabbing me in my heart. My left arm will begin to hurt. Sometimes they last only a few moments and other times they can last up to an hour.

I try to calm myself, use breathing techniques, pray, meditate, sleep, or spend some time on my hobby. Those things usually help get my mind off of the current issues causing my worrying.

Life is far from easy. There is such a struggle daily just to get through the days sometimes for a lot of people in the world. Whether its your job, your marriage, finances, a sick family member, your children, personal health issues, etc. Or it could be all of the above. Just know, each day is a fresh start for all of us.

My mother chose the word "Believe", for her own reasoning. However, even though "Believe" is her word, I find myself thinking about it quite often and associating her word with my life. When I become overwhelmed or worried, I remind myself to "Believe". I need to believe that things will always work out. That no matter what each day brings, it is for a purpose. If it is a bad event, I am sure that it is for a reason, to teach me, to mold me, to guide me to where I need to be in life. I believe in this! Each day brings new hope for each of us. I believe that each day is a fresh start, a clean canvas. If something didn't work out yesterday like you had hoped, then it just wasn't meant to be, or maybe your life lesson wouldn't have been fully learned by going that route. So maybe on your new day, you just go at it differently.

We all have to believe that life will work out for us. Each bad experience is a learning lesson. If you take from it something, then it was not a waste of time. Just keep the hope that everything does happen for a reason to guide us and that if we keep believing and having hope, you will be just fine in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment